Jundo and Kirk discuss the Dokusan room, the place where the teacher tests students and students test the teacher. What goes on can be romanticized and overemphasized, misused and misunderstood (especially by modern westerners), yet greatness sometimes happens too.
- Treeleaf Zendo
- Philip Kapleau: The Three Pillars of Zen: Teaching, Practice, and Enlightenment
- Brad Warner: Hardcore Zen
- Teachers checking students (Treeleaf forum thread)
- Jack Kornfield: After the Ecstasy, the Laundry
- Honkyoku: Kirk's shakuhachi website
Theme music by Kiku Day.
To submit a question, send an email to email@example.com.
If you like the podcast, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.